When putting in a physical SIM card into the Above Phone, it should set itself up. For a better chance of this working smoothly, try putting in the SIM card while the phone is turned off.
Note: if you're migrating an existing SIM card from an iPhone, please follow these quick steps: https://kb.above.im/migrating-from-apple-iphone-ios/
Now, if your SIM card is in the Above Phone, but it is not recognized properly, or you have issues receiving / making calls or texts, you may want to try the following:
First, check these settings to ensure mobile data is enabled:
- Open Settings (black & white gear icon)
- Tap on Network & Internet
- Tap on SIMs
- Tap on your active SIM
- Ensure that Mobile Data & Roaming are both enabled
If the service is still not working, try this
- Open Settings
- Scroll all the way down, tap on System
- Tap on Reset Options - ! Be VERY CAREFUL here to select the correct option !
- Tap 'Reset Mobile Network'
- Follow the prompts, then Reboot the phone (press and hold the power button)
Try if it works - if it does not work, try resetting one more time - sometimes it seems to take two here.
If you are not seeing any network symbol on the top right - try physically removing and re-inserting the SIM card with the tool.
Setting up cell service & SIM: https://kb.above.im/cell-service-sim/
Above SIM instructions: https://kb.above.im/sim/
To transfer a SIM card: https://kb.above.im/transferring-sim-card/
Migrating from iPhone: https://kb.above.im/migrating-from-apple-iphone-ios/
Using your phone without a SIM card: https://kb.above.im/using-your-phone-without-a-sim-card/